Billy Peck, Brandon Voorhees, Kevin Hinrichs, Dale Steinhoefel – Graveyard Smash
We thought it would be fun to get the boys from Omaha horror-punk band Graveyard Smash in The Basement to go head-to-head-to-head-to-head in the twelfth edition of The Horror Exam. We already knew Billy and Brandon were big horror fans from their past appearances on the show, but we wanted to see where Kevin and Dale stacked up against them. It turns out they don’t stack up at all. Nevertheless, we had a blast with these four. Below are some sample questions from T H E #12.
Round 1 – Multiple Choice
1. Besides Freddy Krueger, Robert Englund plays what other character in A Nightmare on Elm St. 2: Freddy’s Revenge?
a) A janitor
b) The bus driver
c) The grill cook
d) A teacher
2. What film studio is nicknamed “The House That Freddy Built?”
a) Orion Pictures
b) New World Pictures
c) New Line Cinema
d) Touchstone Pictures
3. When Freddy breaks onto the Dick Cavett set in A Nightmare on Elm St. 3: Dream Warriors, Cavett suggested he should be interviewing who, claiming she was dumbest person he’d ever met.
a) Debbie Reynolds
b) Elizabeth Taylor
c) Joan Rivers
d) Zsa Zsa Gabor
Round 2 – True/False
1. TRUE or FALSE: Robert Englund cut himself the first time he tried on the infamous Freddy glove.
2. TRUE or FALSE: After Wes Craven loaned the original glove to the production of A Nightmare on Elm St. 3: Dream Warriors it was lost on set.
3. TRUE or FALSE: Before Mark Patton was cast in Nightmare 2, Brad Pitt was offered the role of Jesse.
Round 3 – IMDB Smart Ass
1. Movie #1
Robert Goulet – Jeffrey Jones – Catherine O’Hara – Geena Davis – Winona Ryder – Alec Baldwin – Michael Keaton
“A couple of recently deceased ghosts contract the services of a “bio-exorcist” in order to remove the obnoxious new owners of their house.”
2. Movie #2
Ben Affleck – Stephen Root – Rutger Hauer – Hilary Swank – Luke Perry – Paul Reubens – Donald Sutherland – Kristy Swanson
“A flighty teenage girl learns that she is her generation’s destined battler of vampires.”
3. Movie #3
Frank Welker – Nicky Katt – Judge Reinhold – Hoyt Axton – Dick Miller – Phoebe Cates – Carey Feldman – Zach Galligan
“A boy inadvertently breaks three important rules concerning his new pet and unleashes a horde of malevolently mischievous monsters on a small town.
Round 4 – Camp Crystal Lake Alphabet
Round 5 – Nonsense Lightning Round
1. A woman in Idaho told local sheriffs that a what was the cause of her car to crash into a deer?
2. A Canadian woman was unable to sell her SUV because paperwork indicated what fictional cartoon family had a lien on the vehicle?
3. A YouTube user attempted to eat a meal totaling more than how many calories, based off the video game “Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas?”
Music on this exam came from The Honor System, Goldfinger, Lenin/McCarthy, The Arrogant Sons of Bitches, and Chewing on Tinfoil.